It is common knowledge that celebrities make it to a point to look their best both on and off camera. And although many of them do not admit undergoing some sort of artificial enhancement to improve their features, it is quite easy to spot whether their looks are natural or not — especially if there are comparisons.
One example would be their teeth. While some celebrities are proud of their pearly whites, Garden View Dental Care and other dental professionals say that more people are visiting dental practices to make sure that they display a perfect smile.
Here are 20 celebrities who have undergone cosmetic dental procedures, which played a significant role in their careers today. Knowing them may make you want to learn more about cosmetic dentistry.
- 50 Cent underwent dental bonding to fix his widening space between his two front teeth.
- Ben Affleck had a variety of cosmetic dental procedures to remedy his buck teeth.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones had dental braces, teeth whitening and straightening for her crooked teeth.
- Celine Dion had undergone several cosmetic dental procedures to fix irregularly sized and discolored teeth.
- Cheryl Cole underwent tooth reshaping, gap elimination and teeth whitening to manage her long and pointed teeth.
- Demi Moore had veneers to fix her teeth discoloration.
- Gary Busey had extensive cosmetic dental surgery after figuring in a 1988 motorcycle accident.
- George Clooney had his teeth replaced because of severely damaged teeth brought about by bruxism or excessive teeth grinding especially when stressed.
- Hillary Duff had porcelain veneers for chipped teeth.
- Jim Carrey had tooth bonding and dental crowns for chipped, gapped and crooked tooth.
- Kate Beckinsale had gum recontouring, deep cleaning and teeth whitening to further enhance her natural enigmatic smile.
- Keith Urban had teeth whitening and bonding for teeth discoloration and gapped teeth.
- Louis Walsh underwent teeth whitening as well as other cosmetic dental procedures to fix heavily discolored and crooked teeth.
- Miley Cyrus had teeth whitening and straightening for her crooked teeth.
- Morgan Freeman had bonding to close the gap in between his teeth.
- Nicolas Cage had porcelain veneers for his uneven and crooked teeth.
- Steve Buscemi had several cosmetic dental procedures to augment dental treatments for his periodontal disease.
- Tom Cruise underwent teeth whitening, teeth straightening and alignment, and application of porcelain veneers for his chipped, discolored and misaligned teeth.
- Victoria Beckham had teeth alignment, straightening and bonding to fix the uneven teeth spacing and gaps.
- Zac Ephron had teeth whitening, bonding and teeth alignment to manage his uneven teeth.
It is rare to find a celebrity without any form of help from the professional community. And since celebrities have to bank on their smile, it is but fitting and proper that they invest in some cosmetic dental procedure.