Apart from losing the good healthy smile, tooth loss significantly affects your oral health. The negative effects of tooth loss include difficulty in chewing, bone loss, drifting teeth as well as loss of the remaining teeth. While it may be inevitable to lose teeth especially in the case of an accident, teeth replacement provides a way to prevent the negative effects of tooth loss. According to Sheendentalimplants.co.uk, with tooth implants in Richmond, you can get back your healthy smile.
Dental implants are teeth replacement option placed in the jawbone. The implant fuses with the natural bone and forms a strong foundation for teeth replacement.
Do you qualify for dental implants?
Generally, if you have missing teeth, you become a candidate for teeth replacement. It is only after assessment that your dentist recommends the appropriate replacement option. Your dentist will also look at your general health and medical history before recommending for a dental implant. For you to qualify for dental implant, the following are necessary;
- Sufficient bone to support the implant
- Healthy teeth and gums tissues
- Not suffering from uncontrollable diabetes and cancer
- Non-smoker or you are willing to stop
Why is dental implant an ideal teeth replacement option?
Replacing missing teeth has many benefits. But apart from the general benefits of teeth replacement, dental implants provides distinctive advantages.
- Acts like natural teeth. Since the implant is placed on the jawbone, it becomes strong and stable. This makes the replaced tooth fit, feel and act like a natural tooth.
- Healthy bone protection. Spaces left after teeth loss can lead to deterioration of your jawbone as it loses its strength and firmness. Dental implants initiate growth of natural bone as well as preserving the healthy bone.
- Built to last. If properly placed and accorded proper care and hygiene, dental implants can last a lifetime.
The consequences of missing teeth can be disastrous, and this can only be avoided through teeth replacement. To enjoy the exceptional benefits, have your missing teeth replaced through dental implants.